My "Too Cute"s

Friday, December 22, 2006

Of Rainbows and Monsoon Rain


Today, I was telling my friend that I saw a rainbow at the beginning of the week, perhaps Monday, while driving to work. It's been a long time since I last saw a rainbow that I was smiling all the way to work. Spotting a rainbow is like spotting a shooting star for me. It's not an everyday occurance. It makes my day. So my friend went, "That's good. It isn't everyday you see a rainbow," which got me wondering if it was really a good thing or a bad. I'm not being superstitious here but right after, the monsoon rain came pouring. LOL

Anyway, my friend was stranded in Segamat for some days coming back from Batu Pahat, I haven't spoken to her yet coz she's been busy catching up on work. Luckily for her, her family was with her. Imagine, if her family hadn't followed, she'd be frantic about getting back to her young `uns. While she was away, we back here were talking about how bad the flood situation was. Another friend was talking about how her friend lost all his cats to the flood, coz water went up to the roof. There wasn't time to save anything, let alone cats.

Today, thank God, the rain has stopped for a while, and we saw the sun. Basically, good weather. Alhamdulillah. But one thing I don't get about floods is how some people like to "main air bah" or play with flood water. It's just icky and dirty, and most importantly, dangerous, especially if you are walking with yor slippers off. You don't know what you might be stepping on.

I remember when I was young, and water got into our rented house, only up to the steps. I don't remember water getting into the house and when water was receding, there were moving things in the water: black and slimy. I dunno if they were snakes or eels or worms! Imagine stepping on one of those. Euuw!


On a lighter note, I'm glad I found and bought raincoats for my kids. They are usng the raincoats now every day and I don't worry about them getting wet and chilled. Well worth the money I spent.

No comments: