My "Too Cute"s

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Amateurish Cupcakes


I finally bought all the stuff I needed to make Inez's cupcakes. I got myself disposable piping bags, an icing nozzle, some red ladybirds (made out of sugar and damned sweet). Everything else, I figured I already got.

I wanted something light and maybe spongy for the cake and used this lemon roll cake recipe. No lemon in the cake, only lemon in the filling, plus it's easy to make; so I thought, "Perfect!" For the icing, I used whipped cream, divided it into 2 portions: one of which I added about 2 drops of dark green colouring to. In my mind, my ladybug will be nestled in some green leaves on white background.

So here's the cake recipe:

Ingredients
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp cold water
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

First, in a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs until creamy. Then add in cold water. Then add in flour, salt and baking powder mixture and stir. Put about 2 spoonfuls into the paper cups and bake in a heated oven for about 10 - 12 minutes, or until cake springs back.

For the icing, I simply whipped the whipping cream. I didn't add any sugar as it was already sweet and using my creativity. Voila! 3 ladybugs on some leaves, 1 ladybug on a green heart and 1 ladybug in a green circle of 'leaves', which don't look like leaves. Still need some practice I think.

2 comments:

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

hey ju, cool slides. finally am able to put a picture to all the stories u tell... :) Mika is so comel. Inez's pics are too small though. Tak nampak sgt muka dia. But she doesn't look skinny pun.

jujuqtpie said...

Thx. Tgh belajar laa nie. I dun have many pix of Inez on my PC, mostly on my hubby's. Need to transfer.
Hahaha of course she doesn't seem skinny, she has her clothes on. Plus the pix are kinda too small. But they are adorable kids. I'm their mom, so I'm biased. But their daddy, when I tell him about their misdeeds, will always ask me, "Are you saying that they are too cute?" Or when he hears my mom talk abt them, "Is Mom saying our kids are too cute?" (rolls eyes) Kononnye too cute la tu.