My "Too Cute"s

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Corn Muffins-One thumb Up

It's nearing the school holidays and Inez has been pestering me to make cookies or cake. Of course, cake! Cookies are much more work. The kids are on holiday. I am not. Anyway, out shopping one day, I found a packet of cornmeal and bought it. RM13.50 a pack. I was thinking cornbread but a friend said Kenny Roger's muffins were made from cornmeal. Really? That'd be cool!

I went on the net and googled "cornmeal muffins easy". And below is the recipe I tried. Normally the first time I make something, I'd reduce the sugar but this recipe didn't use much sugar. Only a quarter cup for 3/4 cup cornmeal and 1 cup flour. The only ingredient I doubted was the baking powder. Cautiously I used 3 tsp but not exactly level teaspoons. I made 12 tiny muffins and a loaf. The tin was kinda big, plus I'd use some batter for the muffins, so it didn't really rise that high. The result was okay, definitely not too sweet, the way I like it but not as soft as Kenny Roger's, which would have been better. Maybe those weren't made from cornmeal. I have some more cornmeal. Will experiment some more. In the meantime, try these. They are really quick to make.

Corn Muffins

3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cups milk
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil (used canola oil)
1 cup flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn kernels (Didn't use this)

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Let cornmeal and milk stand while you get the other ingredients together. Add the egg and oil to the cornmeal mixture.

Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and corn kernels. Stir to mix. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and combine just enough to incorporate.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full (do not use paper). Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.

Recipe taken from http://www.cookingnook.com/corn-muffins.html

1 comment:

jojo said...



شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام